Softros LAN Messenger Online Help
User Groups Management
softros.com >> products >> Softros LAN Messenger >> online help >> user groups management
The user groups feature allows you to group users into lists instead of maintaining a flat list of individual users, making finding the user you want to communicate with easier.
To start managing groups, just right-click a group from your users list. When Messenger first starts, by default you will have the “General” group only, where Softros LAN Messenger will put all unassigned/unknown users who appear online.
- Create group – from the popup menu select “Add new group,” then type the user group name in the dialog box that opens.
- Rename group – from the popup menu select “Rename this group,” then type the new user group name in the dialog box that opens
- Delete group – from the popup menu select “Delete this group.”
- Move the group up and down in the list – select the corresponding popup menu items.
Assigning users to groups
There are two ways to assign (arrange) a user to a user group:
- Just drag and drop the user from a group to any other group.
- Right-click the user you want to move to another group. Then select “Move this user to group …” from the popup menu. Finally, select the target group.