Softros LAN Messenger Online Help
How to Exchange Files
softros.com >> products >> Softros LAN Messenger >> online help >> how to exchange files
How to send files to a person from your users list
You can extend your company's productivity by using Softros LAN Messenger's built-in file transfer engine, sending files to and receiving files from any users on your users list
To send a file to a person on your users list, perform the following steps:
- Select a user from the users list by right-clicking a user to show the user's pop-up menu; then select “Send File(s)” from the pop-up menu.
- A dialog box opens to allow choosing files that will be sent to the recipient.
- Select the files you wish to send to the recipient and click the “Open” button.
- The “Send files to” dialog box will open, showing you the number of files to be sent and total files’ size.
Optionally, you can enable the check box to close this dialog box after the files have been sent..
- Click the “Send” button to send a request to the user to accept the files you are sending.
- When the remote user accepts your files, Softros LAN Messenger starts transferring the files. The progress bars track the bytes sent.
- After you completed sending the files, you may close the dialog box.
How to receive files
When you receive a request to accept a file that a remote user wants to send to you, you will see the flashing “Incoming file” button on the taskbar:
Click this flashing button to open up the receive files dialog box:
On this dialog box you can choose files saving path – select the folder you want receive all files from this user. By default, Softros LAN Messenger saves all received files under your Windows account folder.
Click the “Accept” button to start receiving the files. The Incoming File window will display the transfer progress in Kbytes:
After the files transfer has completed, you may open the folder where the received files have been saved by clicking “Open Folder,” or just close this window.